Thursday, December 31, 2009

Where do I even begin?

Christmas was a whirlwind, I don't even know where to start! I guess I'll do a general overview and follow up with more specific posts...


We decided to go to Oklahoma for Christmas at the last minute. My grandmother (Glo) is 82 and I wanted to make sure that she got to see Sutton. There's nothing wrong with her, but I know at 82, her time with my boys will be limited. We arrived on the 22nd (a day early thanks to the blizzard in Denver) and Ford was a TERROR. He stayed awake for 18 hours with no nap. Not cool, kid. Not cool. No matter what we did, we could not get him to sleep. On the 23rd, Ryan and I decided to take him to the doctor. I was positive that he had bronchitis or something, his cough was gross and he was just cranky and miserable and running a fever. All the urgent cares had hour+ waits, so I called my pediatrician and they squeezed us in. Only in Oklahoma, right? Turned out he had a double ear infection...UGH!!! The Oklahoma Blizzard of '09 arrived on the 24th and brought a record 14.1 inches of snow! It was beautiful but really put a damper on our plans. You see, most people prepare for Christmas and Christmas eve all December long, but not my family. Christmas eve is when the magic happen. My mom's family is German/Pennsylvania Dutch and their tradition is to trim to the tree on Christmas eve. We had to miss this event due to the weather. I'll do another post for this one...


Christmas day was busy busy, as usual. We went to my aunt and uncles house, which was the house I grew up in. They bought it when my mom moved to Switzerland when I was in college. Anyway, we went to their house in the morning for our family Christmas and breakfast. When that was over, we went to celebrate Christmas with my dad's side of the family. My Grammy Billye makes a big brunch for us all and it's so yummy! Ryan and Ford had to leave this shindig early because Ford was so miserable. After brunch, we headed back to my moms house for Christmas Dinner.


The 26th was uneventful, we were pretty lazy and laid around the house all day. Not much you can do when all the roads are icy.


The 27th was a rough day. Sutton was hospitalized with RSV. Not fun, at ALL!!!


We came back to Denver on the 29th and we are SO glad to be home. I don't think we'll be going anywhere for a LONG time! hehe:)

All of my mom's family on Christmas morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment