Monday, January 4, 2010

The RayTray

So, most of you that know me really well know that I am obsessed with Everyday Italian and At Home with Giada. I love, love, love all things "Giada". One of them happens to be her one-of-a-kind RayTray by Chilewich. Well, guess what...I GOT ONE! I am SO excited!


I had been hunting and hunting for this thing for forever and I finally found it on Foodnetwork.com. They have "set lists" for all of their shows. I was totally bummed when it said "custom made for Giada", so I emailed the company and BEGGED them for one. They replied and said that they had a few left that they produced for MoMA (Museum of Modern Architecture), but that it wasn't all-white like Giada's. The ones they had left were green, white and black. I was bummed but bought it anyway.

When we got home from Christmas, there was another package from Chilewich. I'd already received my RayTray, so I was very curious. I opened it to find the all-white inserts just like Giada's! They'd sent it to me for Christmas! Can you believe it?!?!?!

Now if I can only get the rest of her kitchen:) haha!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, my name is Maygan and I ran across your blog when I googled "giada raytray". I'm in the same dilemma you used to be in; my mother and I were watching Giada at Home and she fell in love with the tray in the background. Me, being the fabulous daughter I am, went on an internet scavenger hunt to find out what it was so that I could buy one for her birthday, which is coming up at the end of April. After some research I found out what it was, but couldn't find it for sale anywhere. I've tried to contact Chilewich, and they won't call me back. I e-mailed Food Network last week and still haven't heard from them. I'm getting nervous because her birthday is coming up and I'd like it to show up in time. Do you remember how much time it took for Food Network to respond to your e-mail? I found something sort of similar by villeroy and Boch, but it sells for $150 and if I'm going to pay that much, I want the real thing!
    I'm going to try again on Monday to contact these people, but if I have no luck I was wondering if perhaps you would be willing to sell the first black/green/white raytray you received?

    ReplyDelete